6/11/08

Well....our day was exciting! I forgot my own birthday...but the boys did not! Galena brought flowers to me and she and her grandkids sang happy birthday. She also brought me a dressy blouse to wear with my yoga pants and flip flops for our SDA appt!! At little snug, but in Ukraine....it's ok! Our appt went well...we waited for about 15 minutes at the SDA before being seen. We were told the Vita is available, Galina just became available, and we saw a picture of Yana, whom I met 3 years ago. There was some debate on approving us for 3 unrelated children....depended upon who was in the room at the time. Eventually the director said yes. So, it went from no, yes, no, two sibs and one unrelated, to ok, 3 unrelated is fine with us. So...we will leave thursday night on the 9 pm train!! WOOHOO!!!

Guess we will hopefully have triplets!

We have a cell phone: 380950814972. It's free for us when you call.

We also enjoyed my birthday lunch at McDonalds. Since Levi vomited on my only pants this morning and has been cranky all day, we will just stay in tonite. I picked up a frozen pizza last night and hopefully the boys will like it!

The boys seem to be enjoying the trip. It's hard for them to sit around and wait. They were VERY good at the SDA during our appt.. I can say that there is a huge difference from Jakob's adoption. The SDA (then NAC) is much more organized, well lit, clean, friendly. Felt like humans, not cattle being held for slaughter in a dark hallway! Everyone was helpful. One lady did her best to speak to us in English...our translator could not get a taxi so she ran to the SDA in stilletos...but made it there, sweaty and tired...but she made it!!! A funny thing about the SDA....David didn't talk much, but whenever he tried, the SDA women would start talking like he didn't exist! We were both amused.....me moreso, I think!

The SDA is right across from the souvenir market, so we went over there and did some shopping. Noah got a Spongebob matroyshka and Jakob got a Shrek. Levi was not up for shopping quite yet. They boys enjoyed having Galina's grandkids to play with...her 12 yr old granddaughter speaks a little English and I think there is no language barrier with little boys! Her 6 yo grandson played with the boys. If they can't talk, they can't argue!!

Lena and Galina bought us an apron and oven mitt from the market....they figured I will spend a lot of time in the kitchen and will need those items! So I will think of them often!

SO....that's our day in a nutshell. Tomorrow we are going on an excursion to go sight seeing! Should be fun since David and I never made time for that on our trip for Jakob!

Praying our luggage makes it today!!

More tomorrow!!

3 comments:

dana said...

Are you REALLY going to adopt THREE girls???!!!!

dana

Kellett Family Blog said...

really!!

cara said...

Where are you going in Odessa? Our son Matthew was adopted from no.3 in 2005, and we are now in the process of adopting his two brothers Vasya in no4 and Alex in no 9. We loved Odessa and can't wait to get back there. Cara