7/30/08

Waking Up From A Nightmare!

So my morning started with a phone call to David that was 30 secs long and consisted of: we are chasing papers, might not make it home this weekend, call me in two hours. My thoughts: here we go again/still...

Then on my way to work I saw someone having a worse day than me (vegetarians....please skip this paragraph) They process a lot of turkeys where we live. Well, there was a little mishap this morning at a busy intersection during drive time that involved a truck load of turkeys. I am thinking someone lost their job today for not securing the turkey cages...resulting in two huge mounds of dead turkeys on the side of the road. And there still more turkeys in cages that appeared to be lifeless from my rubbernecking point of view. It was sad...yet I laughed at the sight of feathers and turkeys all over the place. By the time I came home six hours later, they had cleaned up the turkey piles...but left a mess of feathers. Good thing, as it was in the mid 90's today.

After fretting and making phone calls and waiting for my two hours to be up before I could call David...I was FINALLY able to get a call thru. My AMAZING husband and BEAUTIFUL daughters are leaving Odessa and heading for Kyiv!! As I type this, they are sleeping and will wake up in a few hours to go get physicals!!! And friday to get visas!!! And saturday....first leg of coming home!!! And Sunday they will cross the pond and FINALLY be home!!

Since all of our kids have dentist appointments scheduled next week...there may be a few wishing to be back in Ukraine!!

Thanks to all of you for supporting us, following our journey (which isn't over until we lay eyes on them!!), and for prayers.

I will give updates as the trip wraps up...hopefull all positive and turkey free!

4 comments:

cara said...

What great news! We have been praying that everything would fall into place. Congratulations. Cara
www.norbycjukraineangel.blogspot.com

Kevin and Tammy said...

Great news!!!!. So glad they are read to come home. We will pray that all will go smoothly in Ukraine.
Tammy

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you! Good luck on the last leg!

Becky B:)

Kathy and Matt said...

Wonderful news! We're so happy for you all.