7/20/08

Hopefully the last sunday blog from Ukraine....

It has been a while since I entered a blog so I will take a few minutes now and do it.***

It is currently Sunday here in Odessa. We had a pretty relaxing weekend. Yesterday the girls went to camp to say goodbye to one of their friends. She is going to another city for the next 10 days and they wanted to get her a present for her birthday and say goodbye since I certainly hope we are not here in 10 days.***

I spent the day by myself so I decided to venture out on my own instead of staying in the apartment all day. I have been downtown numerous times and think I have some of the bus lines figured out. I was successful in getting down there and getting back home without much problem. Since I am not exactly sure where busses go I ended up walking about 4 miles more than I needed, but I guess that is not a bad thing. While I was downtown there was a band playing in the main square. There were lots of people and I sat and watched for an hour or so. After that I stopped at the local Irish Pub as it is one place I am sure I can always here English speaking people. I was correct as there were 3 or 4 tables full of them. After that I headed back to the apartment where the girls had already made it home.****

Today was much of the same. Jennifer went with her boyfriend to see her boyfriend's Grandmother. She apparently had not seen her before. Yana and I went to the grocery story again to stock up on essential snack food. Vita hung around the apartment in her PJ’s. This afternoon Yana and Jennifer went with her boyfriend for a walk and Vita and I went downtown to take in the Opera that we have been talking about. We were unable to do so last Wednesday since we had a late day of paperwork.****

When we got downtown we went to the Opera house and discovered they are not open again until August 7th. We were pretty bummed out as it was something we were looking forward too. Again, I certain hope I am not around when they open again. Vita was a good sport and said maybe next time we are in Odessa. Yes, maybe next time…. *****

After that we went to the park where there always seems to be a band playing. I sat there and listened while Vita had her Picture drawn. The artist did a very good job. Vita was pleased.***

This square is pretty amazing. There are hundreds, if not thousands of people around listening and watching. There were about 5-6 couples dancing to the music and they even played a little Scott Joplin. After this we ate and Mario’s Pizza and purchased some writing items for Vita. We made it home around 9 this evening.****

A little bit about this week. As Angie has posted, our Translator had to go back home so we are without her. Jennifer’s Aunt is going to help with the papers this week. If all goes well, we should have the referrals to get the girls out of their residence tomorrow, get their actual release on Tuesday and get passports Wednesday. We hope to be heading for Kiev on Wednesday night. In Kiev we hope to get medical stuff done and visa by Friday. If all goes well, we might be heading home Saturday. There does seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel.***

Thanks for all the prayers that you have been sending out way. I was talking with Vita today at dinner and she is ready to come home. I think the other girls are ready too.****


(the rest of us in MO are ready for them to come home too!!)

No comments: