7/14/08

Monday in Odessa

I will try to do today’s blog a little different since the format of yesterday blog did not work out too well. I did not intend the blog to be one paragraph. (Angie's fault....cut/paste glommed it together....I was too lazy to fix)

I am currently sitting in a dark apartment. The electricity has gone off twice over the past hour. Not sure why. We did not have this problem when we were here last month. I am thankful for that as the boys would have freaked out. They are working in the apartment so I hope that is the cause and I am hopeful it will not last too long.

Today was pretty uneventful. The girls wanted me to pick them up at 11. I got there at 11 and Vita and Yana had decided to go the sea. They got to the camp around noon and we headed off to the movies. We took the three girls and some friends. Jennifer’s boyfriend whose name I am pretty sure is Lusha came with us, a friend of Jennifer's, Nastia and a friend of Vita's. We saw the new Will Smith movie, Hancock. Even in Russian I was not too impressed. Vita filled me in on some of the important parts of the movie so it made a little more sense after we left. I doubt I will spend money on a ticket when we get home. Popcorn was even average this time. But, I think the kids enjoyed the time with their friends.

After the movie they kept asking me what are we going to do next and I told them it was up to them. We ended up doing bumper cars and eating at McDonalds again. After that there really was not much time to do anything and I could tell my girls were tired still from the water park so I took them back to the camp and I headed back to the apartment.

On the bus ride to the camp I was explaining to Jennifer what the schedule might look like this week and I told her that if things go well over the next couple days we might be leaving for Kiev on Thursday night. She seemed a little surprised by this and when she told Lusha I could tell he was upset. I think they finally understand that in a few days they will be parting ways. It is my understanding that they have been "dating" for 4 years so I am sure this will hard for them. Please pray for them as we prepare to leave.

We have a lot of paperwork to do this week and other people to see before we leave. We have to go to Jennifer’s Aunt and Uncle's house to get some of her clothes, Yana’s grandmother and sister want to see us again, Vita wants to take me to another lady that is like a babushka to her, cookie party for the groups that the girls are in and the Opera on Wednesday night. Seems like a lot to get done in a short amount of time.

It is hard to believe that I have been here for a week already. It seems like we have accomplished nothing in that time. I am thankful that I came last week. If I had come any later, the judge would have been on vacation until August and we most likely would have not been able to get the process taken care of until after he returned due to the multiple mistakes in the court decree.

Throughout this process Angie and I have felt the presence of God. We appreciate everyone’s prayers and thoughts. Keep them coming until we touchdown in Springfield.

(We love and miss you David and girls!!!-Angie and the boys)

No comments: