7/19/08

David's (edited) email..

Internet is still not working at the apartment. Not sure if it is a computer issue or provider issue. Had the girls bring me to the Internet cafe down the road. Will try to get here every day if I can't get ours working. The girls are off to the camp.

Vita's friend Ira is leaving tomorrow for 10 days so this will be the last chance for her to see her. Her birthday is tomorrow as well so they wanted to get her something.

I feel pretty good with where we are at on paperwork. We will see once Monday gets here and Oksana takes over.

Nice day here today, but since I am on my own I am not sure what to do. I may try to venture downtown and hang out this afternoon. I think I can find my way down there (and hopefully back to the apartment). I can probably find some English speaking people down there.

The girls are on a crazy eating schedule. They get up at 10, eat lunch, at 3-4 and then eat dinner at 9-10. Everything seems to run late here. Their current schedule should help them adjust to Missouri time.

Jennifer seems to be the cook in the group. She said she enjoys it. She made a good meal yesterday of fried potatoes, crab and corn salad, and tomato and cucumber salad. The Crab and corn salad was excellent. We had left overs last night. They love those little crab sticks. They eat them like candy. I think that is half of my food expense. They would love Hemingway's, but I think we might be a little embarrassed by how much they would eat. Maybe we could sit at a separate table...


Things are sounding good from a Missouri perspective...we are ready for the other half of our family to come home and enjoy what's left of summer before school starts.

No comments: