7/11/08

The Other Side of Hell....formerly known as Odessa, Ukraine

So, the first thing discovered was that someone was lazy and wrote a letter saying there is NO father of record for one of the girls....David got to the birth cert office today and they said there IS a father of record....making our court decree wrong....AGAIN!!! Back at the court (term used loosely) they granted a THIRD decree...not for free. Still better than the judge's initial plan...whole new court date....in August when he comes back from vacation...and I'm sure I would need to be there as well. Do I need to say that no birth certificates were acquired today??? All of these thing are GREAT news compared to this: the girls had to go back to camp until the birth certificates are issued...TUESDAY!! He has three unhappy girls and translator going home for the weekend. It is at this point in time that I am ECSTATIC to be home with three wild boys full of energy and car to drive to Wal Mart and food I like to eat and a phone that works in my house (The phone in the apartment doesn't work now, either)

Here are some ramblings from David: Couple of funny things that I have learned. Three teenaged girls eat more than three boys under 10 and they rarely leave anything on their plates. They cooked lunch for me today. Jennifer cooked and Vita and Yana cleaned up. She cooked eggs. Good thing we have plenty of shower space. Of course they do not use the same shampoo, or conditioner, or body wash. The shower looked like a store. It is quiet in the apartment. I am not a big talker, but I have come to appreciate the noise of children, both big and small. It will be a long weekend. I will have to look through the movies to see if there are any good ones. (He also mentioned that he remembers why we took to vodka on our first trip...it makes the nights go faster!)

Pray for David....the girls....our frustrated translator....and anyone who screws things up in Ukraine from here on out that has to feel the wrath of Vita....

2 comments:

Amy said...

When it rains.....
Sorry to hear that they screwed things up! You might want to relay some of the info on the UA email board so that other PAP's can be aware that these things DO happen! HEHE!
On our court decree (first one) somehow my husbands FIRST wifes name was inserted instead of mine! Let's just say that did not go over well. I remember telling the lawyer that I was not paying a dime to have them fix it - in not such nice terms!
I guess that the "mean" side comes out when it comes to court decrees in Ukraine! We also had the TYPEWRITER break down when we needed to get the birth certificate... how convenient that they had only ONE in the office!
Those were the days....

Wishing a more speedy trip for your hubby and girls!
Hope all goes well!

Amy

adopting2fromUkraine said...

Well, this is what I always say when things turn into chaos, all these things just serve to make a trip memorable. If things went smooth and quickly you might not remember all the details:0

June