7/20/05

Wednesday....hump day!

Well...no luggage. And for those who are wondering...Stalin's revenge is my name for the Russian/Ukrainian equivalent to Montezuma'a revenge. And McDonald's is the culprit!! Figures.

We had a good day visiting with Babushka. She put me thru the ringer w/questions to be sure we are a good family for Vita. Do you believe in God? How do you keep your boys in line? Do you like Odessa? Yes? Then just move here. You are a nurse, you can get a good job! She said that I am "sporty", not fat and very simple (mentally??? she can read me like a book!!!)...like "plain folk" I guess. She kept insisting that I take a nap. And anytime we visit Odessa we will stay with her to sleep and eat. She said she wants nothing from us...just to help Vita. She kept the pictures of our family that brought and put them on her shelf. She also wants pics of Vita. This woman is a saint in my book.

The rest of our day was spent doing errands and looking for luggage. No big excitement. Tomorrow is our last day together before I head back to Kyiv on friday morning. I will have dinner with my friends there and leave at 0700 saturday...getting home at 530p...fast flight!! hahahahahahaha.

Take care my friends, and thank you for the prayers and emails!

No comments: