7/22/05

Back in Kyiv.....

We were able to buy soms stuff for Vita and take it to the camp...shorts/notebooks. She got all the stuff that was in my elusive bag....and thought it was Christmas. She wrote a letter to her sister. And said to tell Sasha, Dad, Jakob, Noah, and Levi thank you for the necklace....and she loves you. (Dad and boys...she drew pics for you) I was able to give the package to Tania Scherbachenko. Sorry Amanda, your kiddo is at home with family so I left it at the AAA office, along with Jessica's parcels. I was amazed that everything was in the bag as I remember...there is one thing missing...but I would be more inclined to say I forgot it! Vita's boyfriend brought her a bag of gifts yesterday as well...I was told they were most likely stolen. Sad...
All of Vita's friends were gathered around when she opened her parcels...they are excited because she shared her toys/candy with them and she had pictures to show off. We hung out at the camp and I collected letters, took pictures, and enjoyed hugs/kisses. There are kids who need sponsors.... www.adopt.kiev.ua

Vita thought it was the last time she would see me, but got quite happy when she found out we'd be back in the morning! Ira and I went to Mario's downtown for dinner, went shopping, and just hung out. I had my first experience with the "squatty potty"....in the mall. Very nice bathroom...with a porcelain squat hole in the floor...good place for traction, etc...but I didn't know which way to face. Wish I had my camera with me....I didn't think I would need it in the bathroom of all places!

We picked up Vita this morning and she rode to the airport with us. I held it together pretty good until it was time to say goodbye...when she started crying it just broke my heart. I think it is hard for her to believe that we will come back for her. It helps me to know that Babushka Nina will take care of her while we wait to travel.

I hope to have pics available within a week...there are quite a few!

Be home saturday...miss you boys and love you!!

No comments: