2/15/08

Here we go..........

So we awoke this morning to phone call @ 6am from the SDA (the governing body over adoptions in Ukraine)!!! I feel so important!!! I thought it was awesome that she called to let us know that our dossier was submitted as scheduled, only they needed more current certified copies of our marriage certificates!! I know it sounds silly, but this was one of the easiest things to correct that possibly could have come up! As far as I'm concerned....this was a baby hoop, as opposed to what could have been a flaming hoop from hell!!!! So, I was able to get certificates from a county office and take them to the state office to be apostilled (proof that the notary is a notary...being the recorder of deeds is not official enough)....all taking less than 30 minutes and costing less than $20!!! FedEx....not so easy, not so cheap!!! BUT...the documents are on their way and we seem to have the sympathy of the one person I talked to!!

Basically, my error has caused us to add a few days to our process...but I think in the big scheme of things, it doesn't effect when we travel. The nice lady even asked when we prefer to come for our appointment!

I've run out of exclamation points....and energy.

I will so post more news....even if it doesn't seem like news to anyone! (I found one more exclamation point)

No comments: