8/21/08

School has Started!!

Well... the first day of school went well...I didn't have to physically take anyone in, no one followed me out, and no one cried. Yana didn't eat lunch...I guess her "buddy" failed her on that. So when she got home: Momma, I hungry!! Three pork chops, pasta, and veggies later....she was happy...other than the part where I made her drink milk not coke. She tried school lunch today...and referred to it as "foo". Vita tried bbq rib sandwich...and she foo-ed it as well! Maybe carrying lunch is good!

They also went back to school today willingly!! Vita had words with a boy on the bus....I think he won't be mouthing her any more! The district has little experience with ESL...so it's an opportunity for them to learn and me to teach them....hahahaha!!!

The boys are doing great with school and happy to be back in the swing of things...they are in portable classrooms and both of their teachers are pregnant....should make for an interesting year!!

Levi starts school monday...and he's stoked! We went to open house tonite and he cried when we had to leave.

This time of year is draining on me...the paperwork, getting everyone organized, and getting our new schedule figured out. But I love every minute of it from the time I drag myself out of bed to the time I collapse from exhaustion at night......

No comments: